Office Space

Okay so I like accounting...I like it alot actually. However, some days I can't help but to feel like I'm living proof that the dialogues in Office Space actually do exist. I mean someone had to come up with that material from somewhere; or at least the inspiration for it. Most days I just mosey in and out of my office wondering where this is all headed. As I walk by the coffee pot and interact in "water cooler" chat I can't help but feel like this lame character from a movie.
I'm currently working towards adding a little "spice" in my career but that will take a few years so for now I'm just trying to watch and observe for future reference. Throughout the bad days and brain racking problems, however, I do find humor in certain things that help me hang in there. Examples are referenced below. Eat your heart out!

-Anything on the break room counter is free game for everyone. Kind of an unspoken rule around the place but if you leave something on the counter and come back in an hour chances are that it's already devoured. Hmm....note to self....bring expired leftovers in to avoid having a smelly garbage can at home...lol. Just kidding. I wouldn't do that!

-Most of the people I work for are family so there are about 10 different Mr. XYZ's. It's always fun to test the telemarketers to see if they are slick enough to try and get through. Ummm...yes may I please speak to Mr. XYZ? Well.....which one? You have 3 tries to get a name right.

-We don't have a human resources department anymore since we downsized. You want to file a complaint about a comment a coworker made to you? Tough shit....not only will no one believe you but you have no one to tell it to. Lol. I must admit this is pretty genius.

-The vending machine people "repossessed" our Coke and snack machine. Who does that? I guess we weren't making them enough money in the machines. I mean how much can you make at 60 cents a pop seriously? It was like one day I went to get a Coke and saw the machines being taken out. It was heartbreak right there.

-My office has moved from downstairs to upstairs and back downstairs. I'm pretty sure that my next "promotion" will be straight upstairs to the caged corner of the storage closet. Which in considering that it doesn't sound all that bad....lol. I can nap when I need to, talk to myself, or blast the radio. Maybe I'll put in a request to be moved first! ;)

When the tough gets going, I just look around. There are plenty of things to laugh about; even if its only ironically funny.

0 comments: