For all my book readers...

So this post is for all of those who follow my blog that read whether it be for school (textbooks), for a hobby, or to learn something new. I was at my mom's the other night reading through one of her People magazine's and came across the most interesting website yet. It's paperbackswap.com and it's absolutely amazing if you love to read but hate keeping a bookshelf full of books you'll never read again. So here is the lowdown on it:

*You just sign up for your account using your home address, name, and such. No credit card/debit card info since it's absolutely free! All you have to pay for is the cost to ship the book to your fellow swapper. I just sent my first book out and it cost me $2.41 to send it.

*You can print the mailing label right off of your printer at home and drop the book in your mailbox which makes it SO easy to do right? Now I just paid paperbackswap.com to buy the postage. I added $10 worth of postage on my account and they charged a 50 cent charge so all together it was $10.50. They also charged a few cents when I used the postage on my account but what is 50 something cents for a new book?

*Now when the fellow swapper gets the book I get a free book credit to use on whatever book I want at no additional costs. The other person goes through the same process of paying the shipping for sending me the book.

*By the way 1 credit=1 book whether hardback or paperback. 2 credits=1 audio book. You can earn 2 credits by posting 10 books on your sell list. Needless to say that was the easiest part for me because I had about 20 to list.

Now at first I was skeptical b/c I wondered how these people are making any money but then I realized that they make a few cents off of each postage transaction. Now to me my 50 something cents was nominal for a good book that I would normally pay $20 for at Barnes and Noble but if they have 100,000 transactions a day this will definitely add up and they didn't even have to do anything. So as you can see I'm pretty stoked about this whole deal b/c I will never have to pay full price (or half price for that matter) for a good book ever again! YAY! Try it out...you'll be hooked!

0 comments: