March Madness

No I'm not talking about the month of nonstop basketball...I'm talking about my own life. March is only halfway in and its been insanity for the most part. But honestly I wouldn't like my life if there wasn't some constant unknown or hurried hectic days. It really makes you appreciate your downtime more and value your personal time overall. I've been planning trips for the summer to give me something to work towards and it is actually help me focus my attention and I've been more productive lately.
Ironically enough we had my nephew this past weekend and he actually slowed me down alot. It was the weirdest thing! I actually stayed in my PJs most of the weekend and we played board games and I cooked homemade meals. It was really nice compared to the constant, panicky running around I usually do on the weekends. Now he is a few years away from being a teenager so it's not like he is a baby who needs constant care but still a child. Now some of you may be thinking how can I possibly be that busy when I don't have children yet but you would be surprised. As of right now I have managed to book up my calendar until after the second week of April which sounds overwhelming but things are actually slow right now. The husband isn't always fond of this since it can put a damper on spur of the moment things but it gives me things to look forward to. There is race weekend, and birthdays, and hikes (yes, hikes), and concerts, and SO much more to look forward to!
I have learned that busy does not have to equal unhappiness and stress. At work I've taken a different approach to things. Prioritizing is key! Many people can't seem to figure out this simple task. Just because something is a priority to someone else doesn't mean that it is a priority to me. My fathers favorite saying says poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part. Isn't this true? Now my boss is always a priority since I'm technically his assistant as in any employee-boss relationship but everyone else is second. There are certain things that can be delegated and once they are delegated they are not my responsibility and I have no control over them. Letting go is often a big deal for me since I like to see things done the right way. However, I'm learning to let go and let others take responsibility for their own actions. Using this in work and personal relationships takes a lot of pressure off my plate.
All in all madness is not always a bad thing. I've always liked a busy schedule and have always been a multitasker who loses interest if things aren't fast paced all the time so this lifestyle works for me. Madness doesn't have to be stressful or overwhelming. It IS manageable my friends. And once you learn to cut stress out of the equation you may find that your soul and spirit would diminish somewhat without that so-called "madness".

0 comments: