Sue Annie....Mrs. Christman if you're nasty


No, my new last name is not Christmas as funny as it looks or sounds. The joke was semi-cute at first but now it is just really corny. So we tied the knot on November 15th and it is the beginning of the best journey ever! Once you stop listening to everyone else's opinions and experiences and so on you begin to see marriage in a whole different aspect. Brad and I are both excited about all of the things we will get to experience together now as husband and wife. So I guess that means that no kiddos will be in the near future guys. Call it selfish but we would prefer to travel and do a few things for ourselves before we get into all that. If we concieve (by accident) then great but if not then I'm not a rush by any means. I've always thought that I wanted kids ASAP after I got married but now I look around and I've decided that we should probably enjoy being married first. Everyone's outlook is always different on these sorts of things and this is just mine so don't assume that I am saying this is what works for everyone else. How would I know?
So we are getting ready to host our first Thanksgiving which I am extremely excited about! New house, new marriage, new families joined together, new family traditions, new recipes!!! Could it get much better? I've bought all of the ingredients for the made from scratch casseroles, the turkey, the ham, tablecloths, centerpieces for the tables, and much much more. I must say that this holiday season is much different than last years. And it is ironic because I have much more tragedy in my life this year. I guess it just makes us appreciate the good times, right? I could look at this Thanksgiving and get sad about all of the people that won't be there this year (or ever for that matter) but I'm going to let their spirits live on in me. I think that is the best form of honoring someone who has passed away...especially when they were good people.
Friday we will head out to Bristol to be with the family there and hang out until Sunday. Brad is getting sick of going out of town I know. Between going to visit my aunt in hospice, our wedding, and my aunt's funeral I know he just wants to be at OUR house sometimes. I just think it is really important for families to spend holidays together and now that we are one it's even more important. Bristol is like a whole different world than Smyrna so it's kind of like going to another country (in my mind anyways). The people speak a little slower and move at a slower pace which can drive a man w/ ADD insane but at the same time they are so loving, compassionate, and just all around supportive. It feels like everyone there would give their last dollar if you needed it. There are a bunch of good people in that community. Now I see why my family hasn't moved.
It's crazy to think that 2009 will be here before we know it! I will definitely be celebrating! It is going to be a big, new and better year for me I know. Cut back on the bad habits (which I don't have by the way...lol ), spend more time doing things that I enjoy, say No when I don't want to do something, find a hobby that I like, learn to just deal w/ work until something better comes along, quit wasting time on the wrong people and surround myself w/ the kind of people I want to be like, laugh more, live more, and just love more. I've never really looked at a new year as anything special but this year it will be more than a number to me. It represents making it through one hell of a year and coming out alive. Heck...not just alive, but alive with a wonderful new husband, wonderful friends, the best family ever, and good health! Cheers!

1 comments:

AshleyMK said...

I love the picture. You both look really happy. I wish I could have been there. Thank you for the comment on my post. My niece is doing better. It was so scary the whole thing, but she is okay.