I figured I would take a minute and explain just why we (women) need men in our lives and what makes us love them so much. Yesterday I came home to find my whole house clean. Thank the dear Lord because it wasn't in the greatest condition when I left for work. Now I will be the first to admit that I have a little OCD so of course I started scanning the entire house to perform the 25 point inspection. The hubby decided to help a sister out by doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen and such. Everything was gleaming and I swear I saw those shimmery sparkles that you only see on the commercials when things are cleaned w/ the "better" product.

I began to cook dinner and when I reached for the dishtowel which I keep handy on the door to the oven I find this.....a hand towel for our bathroom. Now some of you may be thinking "And, what's your point?". My point is that in my husband's world there are no dishrags vs. bath rags. No mixing bowl vs. cereal bowl. Things are much more simple in his world than in a woman's world. Thanks to a dear friend he now has his very own set of "nesting" cereal bowls (which are actually mixing bowls). Thanks Shan! ;) At first it bothered me to watch him pour half a box of cereal and half a gallon of milk into the MIXING bowls and eat cereal but then I realized how dumb the thought really was. After all, it technically is just a bowl.

He helps bring me back a simplistic realm where things don't have to serve the purpose they were intended for. The "user" police aren't going to come and give me a citation or throw me in jail. Now I am not saying that I always agree with him on his bright ideas but for the most part I'm learning to let it go 99% of the time because it's just silly and it makes me feel like a weirdo which is always fun! It still burns me up when he uses my dish rags to clean his shoes especially when they are covered in grease afterwards but in his mind he really doesn't see what was so wrong with it. I'm going to wash it anyways right? I am starting to learn the opposite sex and their thinking logic.

It's no wonder that he isn't an emotional roller coaster like me. He doesn't overexert his mind by worrying about the small stuff. Doing laundry is a breeze when you just throw everything in together and put a little laundry detergent in there. You ask what about bleach for the whites? Enh, he doesn't worry about that either because it is an extra step and adds time to the chore. I'm learning to bend and it sure does make this marriage thing run a whole lot smoother. Now when I ask for help I take what I can get and I know what to expect...blue hand towels...lol.

1 comments:

AshleyMK said...

That was cute. I love the blue hand towel part. Phoun is only allowed to wash his clothes and towels because when we first got married he ruined one of my shirts.
Also if you are looking for a background for your blog go to the cutestblogontheblock.com it will give you the direction to get it on your blog, but if you have trouble call me.